Friday, September 23, 2011

Happily Ever After: A French Provincial Buffet Story

Once upon a time, back in July, I was searching Craigslist for a piece of furniture longing for a little love and a new home.  I came across this beauty and knew it had to be mine. An 80's baby, this piece reminded me of my childhood bedroom furniture: that hideous gold color with darker gold trim, shiny veneer, just plain ugly. I picked it up (it was love at first sight) and took it home... and started striping it. Then two weeks later, I primed it. Then a week later, I painted it. Two weeks later, I painted another coat. And then the trim... and on and on and on... did I mention how MASSIVE this piece actually is? This is my biggest project to date and it literally took me almost three months. I'm a big fan of instant gratification and this simply wasn't doing it for me. I'd do a little at a time, then do something else... but finally, this week, I finished it. And, I have to say, I love it. I distressed it a bit, painted the trim Duck Egg Blue and painted the handles Antique White. It's happy, I'm happy, it's happily ever after.

The End.

By the way, a little note on Craigslist. This can be an awesome place for GREAT deals. Most people just want to get rid of stuff and you can really bargain with them. However, it is definitely sketchy meeting people at their homes. I prefer the buddy system! From the picture below (the actual picture from Craigslist), use your imagination at the type of place I picked this up at! 

-Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment