Friday, September 30, 2011

Jewelry Chest Seeks Jewelry-Loving Owner


Cara and I made a trip to the the Brimfield Antique Market a few weeks ago, where I picked up this adorable little jewelry chest (this is what I'm calling it). It looks like it's in decent shape, but the back and drawers were falling apart. It had great brass detailing though that immediately caught my eye. With some negotiating, I threw it in the back of the Jeep and we were on our way! After debating what color to paint it (I sometimes let a piece sit for weeks because I can't decide), I chose a new color I haven't used before... Painted, waxed, I'm in love... again. Thank God I live in a 100 square foot cottage, otherwise I'd keep half of my pieces! I try to stick with historic/vintage colors and I love how vibrant this blue is against the brass detailing.    -Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment