Monday, October 31, 2011

Adventures in Picking

To say the hunt is my favorite part of "reinventing" furniture may be an understatement. I know I've written about it before but thought I'd share some new shots of a barn sale I came across in Sandwich and Scituate. Signs with "yard sale," "rummage sale," or "estate sale" really really excite me... but "BARN SALE" has almost gotten me in a few fender benders. More than looking for furniture, I love exploring old barns and homes.

A few weeks ago on 6A in Sandwich, I checked out a barn sale at an old home I drive by daily. I was really excited to go inside because I've always admired this property. The barn itself was beautiful but even cooler was the blacksmith shop out back. Although I wanted to pack my car, I restrained myself. I couldn't resist an old oak filing cabinet and Martha Washington sewing chest though. Can't wait to get started on them!


I was meeting a friend to take her engagement pictures in Scituate a few weeks back. Katie and Bennett were sitting in traffic and I happened to drive by an "Antiques" sign. I had time to kill, so I stopped. Here, I met Harold and Audrey, antique dealers for over 60 years! Not only did I come across TONS of beauties, I had to come back with a box truck to get it all! Teresa (owner of Tres Chic where I'm currently doing my work at) and I went last week to pick up all my finds. Not only did I get a great deal, but Harold offered to show Teresa and I his 'attic of treasures'...

It was like an episode of one of those picking shows... it was amazing. He saw the look on my face and struck a deal with me. If I come back and help him clean the attic out (he's in his late 80's), he'll give me a good deal on anything I find. I jumped at this offer and the box truck and I will be back next week! Check out the gorgeous dining room set I picked up... and a ton more! Yahooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment