Monday, October 31, 2011

April's Chair & Bench Cushions

After seeing Kristen's and my first project together (Desk, Farmhouse Chair & Cushion), a good friend of mine (April) had asked me to make her two chair cushions and a bench cushion out of the same fabric we used for this project.   I was so excited to get my first "real" fabric order and to begin working on this!  

Typically to begin, I would trace the chair and bench seat with paper to create a pattern, but since April lives all the way in Colorado, she sent me the measurements and some pictures.  I decided to use foam for the cushion since it is fairly rigid and holds a nice shape.   For the seat cushions, I used filler so that they would be more flexible in case the chair's edge had a curve or if the measurements were slightly off. 

April decided to nix the ruffle and studs I had put on the farmhouse chair cushion and go with a more classic look.   We chose to make olive cording to accent the olive in the fabric.  Her bench and chair are stained black and I think this fabric will look fabulous with it!  I have a black bench in my home so I was able to grab some pictures to get an idea of what the fabric will look like in her home.

 And pretty packaging.... to April's new home, they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment