We began the process by pulling off the old trim, prying out the rusty nails and removing the fabric. We added some batting to give it more cushion and tightened up the strapping. Kristen primed, painted, and disressed it.
Applying the fabric to the chair was a little tricky, especially around the corners, but we found a way to make it work. The last step was applying the gray frilly trim. This was the fun part as we got to see our first upholstered piece come to a finish!
I made two pillows to adorn the lady's chair. Both with ruffles - one with matching fabric and the other with the frilly gray trim and sparkles!
And ta-da, the finished piece!
Linking up with