Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winter Projects


This beauty was found back a few months ago in an old antique shop as part of a dining room set... I LOVED this hutch and couldn't wait to work on it!

I was lucky enough to have a client see it unfinished and want it (which doesn't happen often). I was reluctant to separate the set but all TEN pieces are pretty big and chances are, much too big for anyone's home. It took forever and a whole can of paint... but I thought it came out beautiful! The detailing is gorgeous and looks even better distressed. Dated back to the 1940's, this hutch looks much happier in white!

I can't wait to see it in Jackie's kitchen! 



































I was in Home Depot last week and came across Martha Stewart's metallic paint. It looked really pretty so I thought I'd give it a try. I also thought how cool furniture would be painted in this and next to Cara's gorgeous creations!

I truly think every woman should have a vanity. There's something very intimate and beautiful about them.  I've done about eight for customers this past year and decided I wanted my own (although I couldn't see myself finding the time to actually sit down and do my makeup... I'm usually guilty of putting my mascara on in the car rear view mirror... while driving!) Well, here it is... and metallic paint happens to be my new obsession!




2 comments:

  1. The hutch is gorgeous & looks much better in it's new white dress. Love the detailing on the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it..so want to find something similar for my own home. But everyone else comes first right?

    ReplyDelete