Monday, March 12, 2012

Owl Bench for Kid's Room


This past weekend was my friend, Abby's baby shower.   She's due next month and does not know what she is having!  I love surprises!   Anyways, I wanted to make her something special - something unique and not on her registry.   With the help of my husband, we made a bench to match her nursery theme.   Her  bedding is green and yellow and she registered for an adorable wall decal that I used as inspiration. 

I basically mimicked the design of the wall decal with the curly tree branches and two cute owls.  I decided to use a white background because her nursery walls are green.   I painted the legs a bright yellow-green so that they really popped.

And of course, I had to make a pillow.   My favorite part of it - the bow-tie to match the polka-dot bench trim!


1 comment: