Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Three Weeks Strong!

It's been almost three weeks since Cara and I opened the doors of MVDS. I think I can speak for the both of us when I say how lucky and grateful we're feeling. To be able to do what you love for a living has been a dream come true and truly a blessing. Not only am I covered in paint SEVEN days a week now but we get to share our love of design and home decor with the world (or at least everyone who walks through our doors). The turnout has been spectacular and the feedback even better.

It's been a learning experience the past few weeks but I think we're starting to get the hang of it. Sell a wall hanging, shuffle around a chalkboard or sign. Sell a table, move around a dresser and a few pillows.

I think it's safe to say, though, that our work rooms have become something I like to call, "organized chaos."

I'm slightly jealous of Cara's room: nice floors, pretty wall color... and so much less cluttered than mine! She has a great metal hanging system which holds future pillows and prints on one wall, colorful thread and ribbon on the other. Cara is currently experimenting with printing photos on fabric... how cool! Oh, the possibilities! 


As for me, I tend to have six projects going at once, often times uncompleted ideas and experiments all over the place. Is there a TV show in my future: 'Furniture Hoarders'?



It's dresser galore in my room right now! I have a bedroom set almost complete for a friend, another set in white needing to be finished and a set I recently bought off Craigslist. Besides vanities, I love working on dressers!

Below are remnants and salvaged goodies that my boyfriend's parents found. They are some of our biggest fans and love to pick for us! We love them for that! I love old metal and iron pieces. How cool is that cage! I'm thinking some kind of lighting/chandelier piece?


That's it for now. We'll be posting upcoming projects and room designs in the near future! Until then, thanks so much for reading!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment